Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Paleo No-Bake Cookies

I was asked by our friend, Dustin, to make no-bake Paleo cookies. He bought some from a lady at a farmers market made that were grain free, dairy free and completely Paleo. The ingredients used in these cookies were listed on the bottom of the container. I tried a few of them and figured I could make them pretty decently. I really needed a food processor to get the cookies to be the same consistency as the ones form the farmers market. Sadly, I do not have a food processor which would make my life so much easier on so many different levels (hint hint husband).

On the weekend of our anniversary, my husband surprised me with a trip to Granville Ohio. We stayed at the Buxton Inn and spent the entire weekend exploring the area and enjoying one an others company. One of the things we really wanted to do was to go to the farmers market and buy some of these Paleo cookies. I spent quite some time talking with the lady selling the baked goods. She had quite the story to tell about her journey with the Paleo diet and how much weight she lost. It was a very inspiring story. Apparently she travels a lot going to various conferences where she speaks to people about the dieting journey she went through before becoming completely Paleo and how it has changed her life. Needless to say we bought several items from her including her no bake cookies.

I studied and ate a few of these cookies to get an idea about consistency and ingredient amounts.My husband was more then happy to assist me in making these cookies. Since I do not have a food processor I asked my husband to sharpen my knives to make it easier to chop the dates and nuts. based on the taste test from the farmers market cookies I was able to guess the quantities for the mix. This was my first attempt and next time I make them I will be tweaking the recipe again, and hopefully I will have a food processor.

All in all I think they came out very well. So, here's to you Dustin I hope you enjoy!



No Bake Paleo Cookies

2  Cups Dates
1  Cup Unsweetened  Coconut
1/2  cup Raw Cashews
1/2  cup Raw Walnuts
2  Tbs Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1  Tbs Organic Unsweetened Coco Powder

Start by chopping all of the ingredients as thin as you can or throw all of the ingredients into a food processor. Once all ingredients are combined use a large tablespoon to scoop the mixture into your hands and pack together and roll into balls. Place on cookie sheet and allow to settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment