Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, January 4, 2016

In the Beginning

Hello Blogger World!

This is my first blog post so bear with me. This blog will contain Paleo Diet approved recipes which are also great for people trying to maintain a gluten free diet or grain free diet in general. My husband and I decided to go Paleo about three months ago and we feel so much better for having switched. This diet is something we decided to do because we want to live a healthier life style. Therefore, I decided to share my findings and fabulous Paleo recipes with the world in an attempt to help others eat healthier. I love to cook and these recipes will be very simple and very clean and very tasty. Paleo to me does not mean bland and boring. Its a new challenging way to cook gourmet foods. 


Being Paleo means eating clean foods. My shopping list consists of meat vegetables and fruit. It is a very simple diet. The most important thing to remember is clean eating. No processed foods. The only difficult part of this diet is making sure you use your vegetables before they go bad. This is what I made last night for dinner. I made swordfish steaks and baked broccoli. My husband loved it and I looked like a hero because this was the easiest dinner ever!
Swordfish and Baked Broccoli 

Ingredients:
  • 2-4 Swordfish Filets  
  • 2-4 bunches fresh broccoli 
  • Sea salt  
  • 3-4 Garlic cloves 
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper 
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven for 350 degrees  
Cut and rinse the broccoli then place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.  Chop the garlic and drizzle over broccoli. Place in oven for about 8-10 minutes.
While broccoli is baking heat cast iron skillet over medium low heat. Sprinkle pan with olive oil. Place swordfish fillet in pan and season with sea salt and fresh black pepper. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and cover fillets. Cook for about 6-8 minutes. I flip them after about 6 minutes and then take them off the pan about 2 minutes later.
The swordfish comes out very juicy and tender and the broccoli should be on the crunchy side. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment