Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Paleo Breakfast Eggs

Before Matthew and I were on the Paleo diet I was getting up every morning to cook for him. I would usually switch it up every few days. One day would be oatmeal with fresh fruit or dried cranberries. Another day would be fried eggs with bacon or sausage and toast with strawberry jam. On special occasions I would make French Toast or pancakes. As you can see, most of our meals came with bread or wheat of some sort. When we decided to take the Paleo leap all of my regular breakfast ideas went out the window.

The first idea I came up with was a breakfast casserole. I made a huge tray of it and Matthew and I liked it for a few days but it got very old very quickly. I think we were both so used to fresh eggs every morning that the re-heated egg casserole was just not working for us. I decided after the casserole experiment to just make omelets everyday. Since we can't have cheese, these omelets consisted of meat and veggies only. These omelets made me very angry because without the cheese to hold the meat and veggies inside the omelet they all would just fall out and the whole thing just tasted dry! Then my wonderful husband admits to me that he really doesn't like omelets in general. Omelets are now off the menu and so are scrambled eggs, unless I'm in a hurry.

Needless to say I was getting very frustrated with my morning breakfast making routine. I finally came up with a super delicious breakfast Matthew and I both enjoy. I call it "Eggs ala Catherine".

I prep EVERYTHING!

Step 1: Dice one red bell pepper and place in storage container
Step 2: Dice one green bell pepper and place in storage container
Step 3: Dice one large red onion and place in storage container
Step 4: Cook breakfast meet of your choice and place in storage container



That's all of the prep work needed and it lasts about a week which is pretty perfect.

The only other ingredients needed are cherry tomatoes and eggs.

Here is how you make these perfectly easy Eggs Ala Catherine

Step 1: Heat small frying pan over low heat sprinkle in a little olive oil just to cover the bottom of the pan

Step 2: Once the pan is heated throw in onion, and peppers and let sautee.



Step 3: Add the meat and stir in to re-heat. At this point I usually throw in a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Step 4: Dice the grape tomatoes and throw them in the pan.



Step 5: Almost immediately after crack two eggs over the meat and veggie mixture and cover.



Let the eggs cook slowly. I keep an eye on them and remove them from the pan once the eggs are cooked about over medium.

This is the end result!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment