Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Paleo Cranberry Orange Bread

As my husband and I are relaxing in our living room watching, "The Lion King: Simba's Pride" he turns to me and says that he wants dessert. I told him he is crazy and we don't have any desserts in the house. I peeled him an orange and told him to deal with not having cookies and cakes everyday. As we are enjoying these wonderful oranges, compliments of Matthews father, I remembered a recipe I saw for a Paleo Cranberry Orange Bread. Matthew was very excited about the idea of me baking a delicious bread. My poor husband is very committed to this life style change but he LOVES his carbs. I must do what I can to satisfy his carbohydrate cravings and his crazy sweet tooth, which is another thing we are not allowed to have.



Every year for Christmas I used to make tons of loaves of Cranberry Orange Bread. It is one of my favorite things to bake and eat and Matthew used to like it too. I found a few recipes that looked interesting and I will probably try a few more before I decide which one is my favorite. Tonight I am settling for a recipe I found online for which I made a few minor adjustments to fit the ingredients I have in my kitchen.

The Paleo bread was not one of my favorite. Matthew loved it and declared that he "misses stuff like this!" I know I can do better then this so I will continue to find a bread recipe which satisfies me and my bread loving husband.



Paleo Cranberry Orange Bread

Ingredients:

6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 cup cranberries sliced in halves

Orange glaze:

coconut milk
vanilla
orange zest


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease loaf pan with coconut oil.

Wisk the liquid ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Sift in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda and orange zest.

Fold in the cranberries.

Pour into greased loaf pan and evenly spread the mixture in the pan.

Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bounces back to a light touch. Allow to cool before slicing and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment