Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Paleo Pancakes for Valentines Day

This year for Valentines Day I wanted to do something very special for Matthew. My sweet husband is always asking me if he can have breakfast in bed. I am constantly telling him "No" and to "Get his butt out of bed and eat at the table like a normal person". However, for certain special occasions I see fit for granting his greatest wish of being served breakfast in bed. Valentines day seemed like the perfect opportunity.



I got up early on Valentines Day to prepare the lovely breakfast I was going to make for my husband and serve him in bed just as he wished. I was making Paleo Pancakes, fruit salad and coffee. I have made Paleo Pancakes in the past and I was not in love with the amount of banana. I found a recipe where you can make the dry mix which can serve as a pancake base or a muffin base. Then you add the wet ingredients when you are ready to make a batch of muffins or pancakes. These pancakes turned out so well it was like eating normal pancakes again.

I prepared a lovely breakfast try to bring up to serve my husband in bed and as I am about to walk up the stairs he comes down. I had to smile because I believe he came down to please me and I was going to bring him breakfast in bed to please him. There is a lot of mutual respect I think i this relationship. He very much appreciated the gesture and enjoyed his breakfast immensely.

I hope you all enjoy!


Paleo Pancake and Muffin Mix

Ingredients:

3 1/4 cups coconut flour
3 1/4 cups arrow root or tapioca flour 
2 1/4 cups almond or cashew flour
2 tablespoons baking soda

Mix all of the ingredients together and store in sealed storage container.

Pancake Batter:

5 large eggs
1 2/3 cups Pancake Mix
1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
2 tablespoons melted ghee or coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
2 tablespoons raw honey

For Serving:
Warm pure maple syrup

1. Place the batter ingredients in blender until smooth.

2. Heat a skillet or griddle over low to medium heat. These pancakes need to cook over lower heat than traditional pancakes, so make sure not to let the burner get to hot. Grease the pan with coconut oil, then pour four small pancakes, each about 3 inches in diameter. Quickly spread each pancake with the back of a spoon so that they are about 4 inches wide. Cook until browned on the first side, about 90 seconds, then flip and cook until nicely browned on the other side. 

3. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing the pan again before making each batch. 

4. Serve the pancakes with the warm maple syrup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment